Buxton Markets CIC is seeking a Market Supervisor to manage the set-up, running and take down of their Tuesday and Saturday markets.
The key responsibilities of the job are to:
- Manage the team that sets up and takes down the stalls.
- Liaise with traders as they arrive and set up in their allocated position, making adjustments to the market layout for any late changes to trader attendance.
- Resolve any issues that traders may have.
- Ensure that stall set-up/take down and trader set-up/take down are conducted safely and effectively.
- Take care of market stalls and other equipment by making regular checks, undertaking some basic maintenance tasks and identify equipment which needs to be repaired.
A more detailed set of Job description can be seen at Supervisor Job Description
A salary of £660 will be paid monthly for an average of 60 hours per month which will normally include 5:45a.m. to 9.00 a.m. and 3.30 to 6.00 pm on Tuesdays and Saturdays (market days). There may be some variation in the hours on the market and some hours may be required at other times within the average 60 hours per month.
Candidates must be physically fit and reliable due to the hours and nature of the work. A full driving licence allowing towing of a trailer (Category C1+E), is essential.
The roles and responsibilities will be reviewed within the first 6 months and additional responsibilities may be agreed with an appropriate adjustment to monthly salary and hours.
Please apply sending your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
or, by post to:
Buxton Markets CIC, 11 Robertson Road, Buxton. SK17 0DY
Buxton Markets CIC is always looking for members of the community to help us promote the new market.
Can you spare an hour or two to distribute leaflets?
Would you be able to help put on one of our special events?
Do you have somewhere you can display a poster?
Can you help with maintenance of stalls and vehicles?
If so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07487 764 038