Market Set-up Team Leaders
Buxton Markets CIC is seeking two Market Set-up Team Leaders to manage the set-up and take down of their Tuesday and Saturday markets, and the maintenance of market equipment and vehicles.
The key responsibilities of the job are to:
- Work alongside and manage the team that sets up and takes down the stalls.
- Liaise with traders as they arrive and set up in their allocated position, making adjustments to the market layout for any late changes to trader attendance.
- Resolve any immediate issues that traders may have.
- Ensure that stall set-up/take down and trader set-up/take down are conducted safely and effectively.
- Take care of market stalls and other equipment by making regular checks, undertaking some basic maintenance tasks and identifying equipment which needs to be repaired.
A more detailed set of Roles and Responsibilities can be seen at Market Set-up Team Leader Job Description
The job requires an average of 75 hours per month to be split between the two appointees. Hours will normally include around 4-6 hours on market days (Tuesday and Saturday) on a split shift between 5:00 a.m. to 9.00 a.m. and 3.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.. There may be some variation in the hours on the market and some hours will be required at other times within the average 75 hours per month. While nominally 37.5 hours per month each, the division or hours between the two Team Leaders will be agreed after interview dependent on individual skills and expectations.
The salary will be paid monthly calculated at the rate of £12 per hour; so for an average 37.5 hours the salary would be £450 per month.
Candidates must be physically fit and reliable due to the hours and nature of the work. A full driving licence for a light goods vehicle and trailer over 750kg (Category C1E), is essential.
The roles and responsibilities will be reviewed within the first 6 months and additional responsibilities may be agreed with an appropriate adjustment to monthly salary and hours.
Please apply sending your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
or, by post to:
Buxton Markets CIC, 11 Robertson Road, Buxton. SK17 9DY
Buxton Markets CIC is always looking for members of the community to help us promote the new market.
Can you spare an hour or two to distribute leaflets?
Would you be able to help put on one of our special events?
Do you have somewhere you can display a poster?
Can you help with maintenance of stalls and vehicles?
If so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07487 764 038