Stalls and Pitches
Buxton Markets provides a range of options for traders:
- 10ft x 4ft steel framed stall with a 10ft x 8ft tarpaulin cover.
- 10ft x 8 ft pitch without a stall.
- Pitches for specially adapted vehicles / stalls required to sell goods (e.g. refrigerated meat or fish stalls; hot food stalls).
- Some pitches have access to an electricity supply (at additional cost).
- A small number of parking places are available within the market area (provided they do not create a safety risk or nuisance and do not affect the appearance of the market). We reserve the right to withdraw these parking spaces at any time).
|Standard 10ft x 4ft stall||£20|
|Additional 10ft x 4ft stall for same trader||£10|
|10ft x 8ft pitch||£20|
|Specialist trading vehicle (up to 5m length)||£30|
|Specially adapted stall (up to 3m x 3m)||£30|
|Electricity supply (per connection per market day)||£10|
|Designated on-market parking||£5|
|Charity / community group stall (one per market)||Free of charge|
If you trade 5 consecutive Tuesdays or 5 consecutive Saturdays you get the 6th one half price.
Buxton Markets charity / community stall supported by the Bingham Trust
One stall per market will be provided free of Charge to a charity or local not-for-profit community group. Please contact the Markets Manager for more information.
Advertising and Promotion
Buxton Markets CIC is making significant investments in promoting and advertising the new markets:
- Media coverage in local radio, newspapers and magazines.
- This website, visitor information websites, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram and other social media to spread the word about market events.
- Posters and fliers are distributed to local shops, information points, hotels, guest houses, B&Bs, holiday cottages and campsites to keep local residents and visitors to the area informed.
- Improved signage will let visitors know where the market is and what it has to offer in order to encourage them to move throughout the town.
All of this is designed to ensure that there is heavy footfall in the market place so that traders can make a good living and shoppers can find what they need.
Bookings should be made in advance with the Markets Manager if possible. Bookings may be taken on the day of the market subject to availability of stalls/pitches and subject to compliance with the market regulations and insurance requirements.
All bookings are subject to compliance with Buxton Market Regulations.
Buxton Markets CIC Membership
Market traders are welcome to join Buxton Markets CIC along with other members of the Buxton community. You can attend the general meetings, vote to elect the directors and have a say in how the markets are run. For more information see the Community Interest Company page.